ohioja: an interview

my doraemon tattoo Dumpling brooch Leeks Market #2
There are interviews that stay in the drawer because you have to wait a spacial moment to post them, I decided to make a present to you for Christmas: today I'll post the interview to Ylenia, aka Ohioja, in a couple of days there will be the one to Giulia.
Ohioja is the most kind person you'd meet, enjoy the interview.
But first a small note: a couple of days ago on Zelda was a writer it was posted a small contribution by me, so if you'd like to spend a day with me check out the post and then maybe you can participate to the collection of the 5 wishes for 2012.

Let's got o the interview.

Io. Who are you? Can you tell us a bit about you?
Ohioja. My name is Ylenia and I live in Prato. Lover and collector of Doraemon.

Io. Can you tell us a bit about your background?
Ohioja. I never studied arts but I always loved drawinings. Since I was young I had a weakness for japanese animated objects. In a way my works are inspired by that kind of view. I don't have a real background in the craft world, it is something I am considering since few years, even if I always orbited around the HC concerts and in consequence around the DIY scene :)

Io. Who taught you crochet? Which were your first works?
Ohioja. No one!!! No one is able to crochet at home, I am a self-taught :) I must thank internet, Youtube and crochet books!

Io. And then, where was born your passion for Amigurumi?
Ohioja. Well telling the truth first there was the interest into Amigurumi, only right now I understanding there are a lot of cool stuff you can do with crochet (that I can't make).
Turning back to the puppets, I started in a period I was at home unemployed. Surfing on different websites I found the pic of a crochetted pretzel and I falled in love! Try try and try again I understood the mechanism behind and I started making billions of balls, my first amigurumi! Free time + boredom + no monet = home hobby

Io. Where do you take mostly your inspirations?
Ohioja. The grocery! It is so fun checking all the shelves full of colored vegetables :) But the inspiration comes from everywhere, everyday objects, strange animals...

Io. Beyond your personal project do you have also side projects?
Ohioja. I am too lazy, amigurumi are more than enough.

Io. Is there someone you'd like to work with (someone form past or present)?
Ohioja. I love love love My Paper Crane badly, I'd love to have the whole house full of her plushes!

Io. Which artists or designers are you following right now?
Ohioja. Mmh a lot! I can tell you some random names: Pica-Pau, Scrumptious delight, Ninon, Pollaz, Craft by cat, Biribis, Petit pot, Cat Rabbit

Io. Which project of yours, you think, is the most succesful?
Ohioja. I'd say Sir Elk, my elk trophy!

Io. Could you describe your typical day from wakening till night?
Ohioja. First depp in the night for me doesn't exist, I go bed very early!!! Anyway I wake up about 8.45, have a cup of tea and try to understand where am I. I play a bit with my cat, get ready and go to the studio, I work in the front office of a tattoo studio so I spend the day sweeping, appointments and tattooed big mens. I stay in the studio till 8pm then I go home, dinner, cat and crochet till my eyes shut down.

Io. When you are not working what you like to do?
Ohioja. Usually I don't do anything: I stay at the PC, I lay on the sofa and watch a lot of shows on Sky with the cat on my knees, I try to work on the amigurumi even working on new projects! Sometimes I go out ;p

Io. Top-5 places to visit in Prato (every kind of)
Ohioja. Whaaaaat?!?!?! This is a very difficult question! I'd say:
Chinatown, to take a look to shops that have useless stuff
A walk on the river, if you want you can relax
The warehouse of second hand clothes, go and digg in strange clothes
The tea room in downtown, tea, biscuits and amazing cakes
I still have to discover the fifth place.

Io. A hidden dream?
Ohioja. Visit the Doraemon museum in Japan

Io. Your favorite magazines or blogs?
Ohioja. Duduà, Imaginative bloom, Las teje y maneje

Io. As crafter, which are your best Etsy shops?
Ohioja. There is a long long list, if I have to choose: SaraCarr, Takofibers, Yuuco, Moxiedoll, CatRabbit

Io. Amigurumi or bentobox?
Ohioja. Amigurumi for life!

Io. Is there something I didn't asked about, but you'd say?
Ohioja. I hate coffee
-
Ci sono delle interviste che rimangono nel cassetto perchè devi aspettare un momento speciale per postarle, ho deciso di farvi un paio di regali di Natale: oggi posterò l'intervista ad Ylenia, aka Ohioja, tra un paio di giorni ci sarà quella di Giulia.
Ohioja è la persona più gentile che si possa incontrare, godetevi l'intervista.
Ma prima una piccola segnalazione: un paio di giorni fa su Zelda was a writer è stato pubblicato un post a cui ho contribuito, quindi se vi va di passare una giornata con me andata a dare un'occhiata e magari partecipate anche alla raccolta dei 5 desideri per il 2012.


Ora passiamo all'intervista.

Io. Chi sei? Potresti dirci qualcosa di te?
Ohioja. Mi chiamo Ylenia e abito a Prato. Amante e collezionista di Doraemon.

Io. Ci racconti un pochino del tuo background?
Ohioja. Non ho mai fatto studi artistici ma mi è sempre piaciuto disegnare. Sin da piccola ho avuto un debole per tutto l'immaginario giapponese degli oggetti animati. In un certo senso i miei lavori sono anche ispirati a quel modo di vedere le cose. Non ho un background in verità, mai preso in considerazione l' universo del craft fino a qualche anno fa, ma ho sempre gravitato intorno ai concerti hc e di conseguenza alla scena diy :)

Io. Da chi hai imparato a lavorare all'uncinetto? Quali sono state le tue prime creazioni?
Ohioja. Da nessuno!!! A casa mia nessuno lo sapeva fare, sono un'autodidatta :) Devo ringraziare internet, Youtube, e i libri di uncinetto!

Io. E poi, da dove nasce la passione per gli Amigurumi?
Ohioja. Beh in verità è nata prima la passione per gli Amigurumi, solo ora inizio a capire che ci sono un sacco di altre cose ganze da fare all'uncinetto (e che non so fare). Tornando ai pupazzini, l'interesse mi è nato in un periodo nel quale ero a casa senza lavoro.
Girellando tra vari siti mi son trovata davanti alla foto di un pretzel fatto all'uncinetto e lì è scattato l'amore! Prova prova e prova ancora, alla fine ho capito il meccanismo, ed ho iniziato a fare un milione di palline, i miei primi amigurumi! Tempo libero + noia + zero soldi = hobby casalingo

Io. Qual'è la tua maggior fonte di ispirazione?
Ohioja. Il fruttivendolo! È così bello vedere tutti quegli scaffali pieni di verdure colorate :) Ma l'ispirazione arriva da tante parti, oggetti di uso comune, animali buffi...

Io. Oltre al tuo lavoro personale hai progetti paralleli?
Ohioja. Sono una persona pigra, basta ed avanzano gli amigurumi

Io. C'è qualcuno con cui sogni di collaborare (qualcuno del passato o del presente)?
Ohioja. Amo amo amo alla follia My Paper Crane, fosse per me avrei la casa invasa dai suoi plush!

Io. Quali artisti o designer stai seguendo nell'ultimo periodo?
Ohioja. Mmh tantissimi! Ti faccio qualche nome random : Pica-Pau, Scrumptious delight, Ninon, Pollaz, Craft by cat, Biribis, Petit pot, Cat Rabbit

Io. Quale pensi che sia il tuo progetto/prodotto di maggior successo?
Ohioja. Direi Sir Elk, la mia alce trofeo!

Io. Potresti descrivere una tua giornata tipo dal risveglio a notte fonda?
Ohioja. In primis la notte fonda non esiste, vado a letto con le galline!!! Comunque mi sveglio verso le 8.45, bevo una bella tazza di tè e spero di iniziare a capire chi sono e dove mi trovo. Gioco un' pò con il gatto, mi preparo e vado in studio, lavoro come segretaria in uno studio di tatuaggi quindi la giornata la passo tra scope, appuntamenti e omoni tatuati.
Rimango in studio fino verso le 20 poi me ne torno a casa, cenetta , gatto e uncinetto fino a che non mi si chiudono gli occhi.

Io. Quando non lavori cosa preferisci fare?
Ohioja. Di solito mi dedico all'ozio in tutte le sue forme: stò al pc per ore, mi metto sul divano e guardo una quantità infinita di programmi su Sky con il gatto sulle gambe, cerco di mettermi avanti con gli amigurumi oppure vedo di crearne di nuovi! Ogni tanto capita anche che in un impeto di vita esco ;p

Io. La top-5 dei luoghi da visitare di Prato (di qualsiasi genere essi siano).
Ohioja. Cooosa?!?!?! Guarda che è una domanda difficilissima! Direi:
Chinatown, a dare un occhiata in negozi che vendono cose inutili
La passeggiata sul fiume, volendo ci si rilassa
I magazzini di abiti usati, vai e rufola tra vestiti improbabili
La sala da tè in centro, tè, biscottini e torte buonissime e poi
il quinto posto lo devo ancora scoprire

Io. Un sogno nel cassetto?
Ohioja. Visitare il museo di Doraemon in Giappone

Io. Riviste o blog preferiti?
Ohioja. Duduà, Imaginative bloom, Las teje y maneje

Io. In qualità di crafter, quali sono i tuoi negozi Etsy preferiti?
Ohioja. C'è una lista infinita, se ne devo scegliere qualcuni dico: SaraCarr, Takofibers, Yuuco, Moxiedoll, CatRabbit

Io. Amigurumi o bentobox?
Ohioja. Amigurumi tutta la vita!

Io. Vorresti aggiungere qualcosa?
Ohioja. odio il caffè

xxxcoki

Labels: , ,