anna: an interview

Another interview for you! She is Anna Niestroj and her blog is Blinkblink, I found her on the net looking for blog of people that lived in Berlin. By now she moved from Berlin to Zurich.

Me. I have tagged your blog into my bookmarks with the tag " lifestyle ", if you'd give only one tag to describe your Blinkblink, what term would you use?
(I tagged you as " lifestyle " because you write about your life through your picture)
Anna. Various - but " lifestyle " fits as well :)

Me. What is the triggering reason that makes you create a blog? Anna. My blog is more or less the only constant thing in my life and represents all the things that I like.

Me. Today do Blinkblink's project coincides with your daily-job? If so how much time has elapsed before that could happen?
(I've seen you're a designer, what kind of? You work on product design or graphic one? You also got a DaWanda shop, does it work for you?)
Anna. Blinkblink has nothing to do with my " daily job ", so far. Except the fact, that its often about design. I'm a BA in Visual&Motion design (communication design), used to various design-techniques. I actually love design and everything related to it. I moved to zurich a week ago for my master of arts at zhdk (field of excellence: trends). My DaWanda shop worked very well, so it came to the point that due to the rights I am no longer allowed to act as a private seller. Next step is to make blinkblink official, what is my aim for 2010: more blinkblink, its not really a profit thing, it takes way too much time, but you see, some people are doing yoga, I am doing these little handmade things, they keep me up.

Me. Tell me a little bit about the process of reserarching inspirations for your blog, where do the ideas come from?
Anna. Blog posts of mine always consider special things that I am busy with, things that I do / see / hear / buy / make / … at that very moment. I like to tell my personal stories, showing images. but sometimes I prefer just words, it depends on my mood. My blog is personal, without showing too many intimate details. Its mainly a place for things that I like and do. Mostly uncomplicated or without a special sense.

Me. How many hours do you dedicate to the blog daily/weekly?
Anna. It changes. Sometimes one hour per day, sometimes one hour per week. It depends on my mood, employment or even on the weather. Blogging is something I like to do in my spare time, I don't want to feel forced by it.

Me. What does a typical day at work involve for you?
Anna. As a freelance designer I do not have a typical day at work. Busy and lazy days come and go. At the moment I am a full-time student again, but the past year I managed at least 3 jobs at the same time. Sometimes in home-office, sometimes outside in studios agencies. But never before 10 pm ;)

Me. Do you collaborate with mag or other blogs? If so, which one?
Anna. I sometimes participate at the ehrenwort-blog, due to my recent changes in life I unfortunately had not much time for any submissions of this kind...

Me. How much time do you dedicate by reading other blogs?
Anna. Too much I guess ;D. No, I really love reading blogs of all types. Rather the creative ones. I do not read a lot of books, I have always been this magazine and cartoon type, just flickering, thats why I love blogs, looking at them is free, fast and I can give my reactivies… I often see more in an image than in a bunch of words. But I admire intelligent texts with some good thoughts.

Me. What tips can you get to someone that will start a blog?
Anna. Just do what YOU like to do. Its your time & space. Create your own images and stories.

Me.Which are your favourite blogs by the moment? What tag describes them in a better way?
Anna. Have a look at my blogroll ;) you will find creative people from all over the world.

Me. What are you looking forward to?
Anna. Spring, an inspiring and successful time in zurich at zhdk, bathing in the rhein, limmat and zurichsee in summer and fresh handmade stuff for my shop.

Thank you Anna!

Labels: , ,