bruno munari /01

Today I'd like to talk about Bruno Munari (I'll start a serie about him).
I know his works since I was young, because he studied and work a lot on child way of gaming and understanding the world, but I understood who he really was by first year of university (I've studied Design).
In every post about him I'll talk about a project, but today I'll introduce him.
So let's start:
Bruno Munari was born in Milan, in 1925 he started to work with his uncle who was an engineer. In 1927 started to follow Marinetti and the futurist movement, displaying his work in many exhibitions. Three years later he associated with Riccardo Castegnetti (Ricas), with whom he worked as a graphic designer until 1938. From 1939 to 1945 he worked as a press graphic designer for the Mondadori editor, and as art director of Tempo Magazine. At the same time he began designing books for kids, originally created for his son Alberto. In 1948, Munari, Gillo Dorfles, Gianni Monnet and Atanasio Soldati, founded the Arte Concreta movement., that is something like a sinthesys for arts and tryed to show to industrialists that arts, design, graphics can converge into the same thing.
This is the restrict resume of his workin life, I' talk more and more about him, so pay attention!

(in the image: 1- Bruno Munari, 2- Munari is trying different way to set on an armchair, 3- Munari in 1980 he was 73, 4- Munari with a child)

Labels: ,