do you know?

Do you know what RSS are? I'll try to explein them to you, because I think that they are so useful to catalog ideas and news. To illustrate what is an RSS I'll draw on Wikipedia.

RSS is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video in a standardized format. An RSS document, usually called feed, includes full or summarized text plus publishing dates and authorship.
Feeds benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place. RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader" or an "feed reader"which can be web-based or desktop-based.
The user subscribes to a feed by entering the feed's link into the reader or by clicking an RSS icon in a browser that initiates the subscription process. The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds.

For my experience I use Google reader (I've got gmail and I'm a google addicted), it is very useful if you have a blog beacuse you can tag every single document as you like, if you habe a web based RSS reader you can check new docs everywhere (even from a public computer).
Now I also think that the best way to understand how RSS feeds work is to try it.
This is mine: subscribe here or if you prefer you can subscribe to a blog by email.

Labels: ,